Monday, February 08, 2010

It's Happy Birthday Séverine!

Goodmorning everybody!

Today is the birthday of teh daughter of Heidi, if I am still counting right she will have 8 years today! Gosh, where does the time flies? So Happy Birthday to Séverine, I will surely call you today an wish you all the best of life!
We had a bit of busy weekend this time! Satuday Jan suggested we should go out to a DIY market and look if there was a nice rack to find. So we did and yes........... we did find one a took it with us. It's a very simple black steel one but oh so practical. Yesterday Jan pulled up his sleeves and put the thing together, then placed back the other one(which was just a tiny bit too big for the kitchen)back in it;s old place, we organized all the stuff on them and I must say it is very handy! Yeah for Jan again!Gosh, he is active lately, but I don;t mind. After a job done I and Jan too, must always laugh or it;s more a hidden chuckle, because we are such a FUN team in those kind of things LOL. At the start we always have discussions of how to do it or when, and we almost always seem to disagree on the way how to do it. So it often ends in both being a bit irritated, I say: okay, you know it so well, so then you do it, leave me in peace and I will let you in peace. Then I go out, or I sit at the computer, or do something else at another part of the house! What a fun couple we sound, don;t we???? But at the end, when all has to be placed back or something, we do that together, discussing nicely where and how it must be done, and when ready, we both are happy. Gee, we NEVER learn, cause this kind of thing is going on almost all the time we are together already(and this year it will be 18 YEARS, I cannot imagine !). But as long as we can smile after a little while again and have a bit of fun, I suppose it's just the way it has to be.

I have other, great news to tell. Just last Friday I did buy myself Photoshop Elements 8!!! Yeah, after talking a long time about it, I have it installed on the computer. But... don;t expect I will have kits done with it already! Oh my, it;s a complicated program, I need to learn A LOT so for the moment I will stick to the simple program I am using I am afraid. In between all I will try to understand how PSE8 works, but it will take lots of time, lots of practise and I am sure lots of deleteing first, before I will have the grasp of it. I am completely lost there, it's soooooooo different from my other program, that I only will learn in very small steps. But I am happy I finally have it, because I think I can do (after months of trying hahahaha) a lot of beautiful things with it. May be I should have a little book at my side, where I should write down how I do certain things, so if I need to do the same I can look it up, because these old brains will not be able to remember it all in one time!!!
So please, have patience with me and know that I am trying to learn it, but that it will take lots of time!

Oh my what a long post this is. I still have something more. I also received an award, this time from Ashley,
http://www.mydreamfulfilled.blogspot.com/
a very nice blog with great stuff , worth to take a look, cause she has a lot of freebies!
This is the award she gave me
I am supposed to give it to some others and here we go:
How could I pass the first one? That really should deserve the name of the award:
http://thestarchildrenproject.blogspot.com/

http://magicalspirit-johannel.blogspot.com/

http://suruha-freespirit.blogspot.com/

http://wishing-onastarr.blogspot.com/

I think all of these blogs have something to offer out of the ordinary, it may be the way they write, it may be the work they offer or whatever. If you have a spare moment, take a look at them!

Well, I think it's time for the freebie now. As Mardi Gras will soon be there I made a kit for it and I am not unhappy about it, LOL. I have to say "Thanks"to http://ladyshannonmemoriesmadeeasy.blogspot.com/
for some of the items I used, especially for making the papers!
Now you all have a great day, I must really do some things around here, but I hope I can progress a tiny little bit with my new toy, the PSE8 program!!!
 
Download     HERE

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Oh, what gorgeous colors in your new kit!! It's quite happy and festive. As for PSE8, have fun with it. You'll learn it quickly, I'm sure.

I'm at work now, so got to run, have a great day. Hugs, Edna.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Feb. 08, 2010. Thanks again.