Friday, May 21, 2010

Garden soil in a package!!

Goodmorning everybody!
Oh my, did we buy something funny yesterday in the shopping centre! There is a shop where you can buy all kinds of stuff, from housholditems, cleaning stuff, garden stuff, shampoo, DIY items etc.etc. and for a very low price. Of course the quality of it may be not the very best, but it saves a lot of money, so ideal for people who don;t have a lot to spend. So we went in and cam out with a few things, of course. The funniest thing and also practical was 2 packages of compressed garden soil! It weighs nothing, package is about 30x20 cms. but has the equivalent of 10 ltr of garden soil! Just put it in a bucket or so, add about 4 ltr of water to it and let it rest for about half an hour. AMAZING what you see after that time! Real good soil, bit looking like mulch, and feels good in your hand too! And it only costs 0,56 eurocent a package. Such a pity we only bought 2 packages, but perhaps one of these days we can go back to that shop(there must be one not too far away from our house too) and buy a lot of them. It is so practical! it doesn't take much room in your shed or garden, and if you need some soil e.g. for pots, you don;t  have to deal with large plastic bags that weigh tons! Jan also liked to have a thermometer for the outside and there was one there too, for 2 euro, and with even solar light! I looked into the garden yesterday evening and yes, the things is really giving light in the dark, so that you can see the temperature at night too. Should try to make a picture of it when it shows it's little light LOL!

I just phoned Heidi, to ask her how she was doing. We had made a vague plan for this week, that I would go over to visit her, but I called her several times, to see if she was home, and there was nobody home! This morning I was lucky, but it seems she was out a lot, and she told me, that the wound still isn'tclosed completely, but at least she has not much, or even no pain anymore. But now that she is without pain, she seems to overdo her activities a bit. Hmmm, advised her, to still take care and not do too much, because she had a severe blow with this operation and her body needs time to recover completely. I am happy though that she sounded better and is feeling better.

Time now to finish this post, not before I give you your 3rd freebie of the Fantasy serie. Then I'll prepare myself to go out for a some grocerie shopping. Weather looks to be great again, about the same as yesterday, so I hope Jan and I will go out this afternoon. The exercise is good for me(as for Jan too). Walking keeps you fit, they say!
Hope you will have some nice weather in your area too, if so, enjoy  it to the full, you will never kow how long it will last. Have a great weekend!
Download   HERE

2 comments:

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for these last 4 sets of MAGNIFICENT QPs!!!!!!!

FYI
Thankfully my Norton blocked all 4 of HIGH risk virus from your DL host
HUGS

Edna B said...

Another wonderful set of QP's!! It sounds like you and Jan have been having lots of fun with your shopping. The compressed garden soil sounds like a great idea! Carrying those big heavy bags is not my idea of fun. I'll look around to see if we have anything like yours.

Tootsie had her appointment at the beauty salon this morning, and can you believe? They actually managed to make her look even more beautiful! lol.

Have a fantastic weekend my friend. Hugs, Edna B.