Friday, June 11, 2010

The madness starts today!

Goodmorning everybody!!
Yes, IT is starting today! What??? The soccer event of course! LOL. In fact it started yesterday already, with a concert in South Africa. I didn;t see it yet, but Jan took it on dvd, so we can look and listen to it later.
But today the 1st match starts in the afternoon: South-Africa- Mexico. Even in this match I am not going to watch it neutral, in fact it is much nicer to watch if you pick a favourite for each match. But in this on it has to be South Africa! Why? Well, because my friend Minky is living there. I really wish both teams good luck, but I hope it will end well for the South Africans.
For us Dutchies it all starts on Monday. Then WE( we always talk about the team as WE, LOL)have our 1st match, against Denmark.
So we have to be ready with all the things necessary to do today(hoovering, dusting, washmachine) at about 15.15 o'clock p.m., yeah!!

I forgot to post some pictures I took in the garden, few days ago. Finally the first poppy came to bloom. I love those big ones! I hope to receive a cut from Heidi's poppies to,she has the same but in a deep orange colour and one dark purple!
The another of one of my clematis, now really in full bloom.

Then the rose on the bow
and Dicky Dik, with a far away look on his face, dreaming about???????
Oh, you know what Jan found in the garden? We have a little "rocky"like part and he was removing some weeds from there and re-arranging some stones and he called me to look. And under a big stones, where was alittle hole, we saw 5 little frogs or perhaps toads!!! We had every year one or two frogs jumping around the garden, but now we seems to have a whole family! Oh, I don;t mind. The cats will have a fun time later on, they like to chase after them(but I never saw them catch one!).
So that's about all the news for today, Remaining your freebie to post. Another set of 2 quickpages, one a bit "wild" and the other with a nice quote on it. Hope you can use them.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Download    HERE

3 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. Oh my, your flowers are gorgeous!! I have never seen a pink poppy before and I just love it. Dicky Dik looks completely relaxed and happy to have such a lovely place to rest. You have a great day now. Hugs, Edna B.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for ALL your latest LOVELY goodies!!!!!!!
HUGS

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
My..you have been a busy bee.:) Your flowers look gorgeous!! I bet your whole garden is too.
I haven't gotten into the soccer..but heard we(USA)tied with Britain.:)
I am not politically minded either.Hope your country gets good ones that will help you where it's needed.
I have been really busy and haven't been making the rounds as much as I use to.Hope you understand.:)
Thanks for your freebies.I like the way you put them into monthly categories.:)
Have a wonderful day and I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Hugs,
Valinda