Monday, August 23, 2010

I invite you to join me in a walk LOL!

Goodmorning everybody!

Just was hopping a few blogs before starting this post and you'll have to see the new bloglayout from Minky, it's looking so lovely! I suppose you know the link but to make it easy here it is
http://minkythings.blogspot.com/
I wrote in her comment box it gives me itchies to perhaps make another layout for my blog too, LOL. But first let's have a little talk about the weekend.
Although Friday it was nice weather I hadn't the courage for a long walk, so I stayed a bit around the house, did some small tasks, had a bit of reading and so on and Jan went out alone to have his walkie, he was at the market for a while.
But Saturday it was the day, LOL! Great temperature, only a a bit too much wind. So the other day I said Jan we perhaps could go to the seaside, not to Scheveningen but another part of Den Haag called Kijkduin, much smaller as Scheveningen, but very nice there. Looking at the wind blowing Jan said it perhaps wasn't such a good idea, we might be blown into the sea or into the dunes, hahaha.
So I came up with another idea, to go to another area where there was a lot of green, even woods, and as I like walking among the trees, hop, we had a plan and goal. We however were sensible and first took a busride towards the area, as it isn't really in our neighbourhood.
It's a neighbourhood with a lot of beautiful houses, also not too far lots of offices, you could say not the cheapest part of our town!
Arriving at the start of our wood walk I saw this house, whee, how beautiful, so I took a picture of it.
A bit further we passed a little bridge and look the view you get:
Walking along(and it was sooooo peaceful and quiet there, almost no people there, sometimes another person, just walking like we and ejoying the weather and oh so nice temperature) we arrived at a pond and my eye catched  weird specious in the water. In fact, I never knew we had ducks that looked like this(hey a bit kidding, never forget the humour).First pic isn;t really clear, but it was hard to get it real sharp, moving all the time.

It's an ideal place to have a walk with your dog there, as you can see!
In these woods there still are some bunkers from the war, all closed off, which is a pity actually, but in a way I can understand it. Here Jan is standing near, what we thought, must have been achimney or air channel. Picture is a bit blurry, but I still wanted you to see it.
And we arrived a bit at the edge of the wood, nice path to walk, and on the right side you see a bit of the houses. They have their gardens on the side of the path and the front is in town, as you might say. Isn't it great to live with one foot almost in the wood and the other into town?
We made a little turn and went back into the wood and between all the green trees of a tremendous variety, but stil green, we arrived at a little more open spot, more cultivated, and boom! I stood in front of a magnolia tree! Amazing, but true so I took a shot, not the best, but you can see the flowers.
And near that tree was a building, making part of the estate we were walking, a bit further away is the big house, this could have been the guest house or may be the house of the game keeper, for the hunt, whatever, but it looked beautiful (if they offered it to me to live in, I wouldn't really mind, only to go shopping for every day things, is a bit far without a car LOL). I took two pics of it, because at the first one I missed a bit the nice roof.
Wre both(curious as we are, yeah!) took a peep through a window, and it's rather big inside, you easily make a mistake in calculating the real living space. !
That's it folks, for today I mean. I have still lots more to show you, but that will be for tomorrow.
I must admit, The Hague still has it's beautiful parts, although it's a rather big town, and it also has it's less beautiful neighbourhoods. Nevertheless, we still have some green to enjoy.

Yesterday we really took it easy and we had a wonderful meal, without much effort to make it. How come?
Saturday evening a bit later, Jan went for a beer and visit to the cafe, and perhaps have a game of billiard. That he did but when he came home he had a plastic bag with him. Inside were about 8 herring, we love them, specially when they are from the new catch this year( perhaps you know them, they are a bit salty, because they are cleaned and layed into pickle, still raw) and about 300 grams of Scottish smoked salmon!
The owner of the cafe gave it to jan, it were sort of left overs from that day(they often have something to eat for the visitors!) and as he himself would be away the next day, he thought it was best that somebody took it home and eat it! What a treat!
So yesterday evening I put  some French bread in the oven and we had a delicious meal with all the fish!
As desert some strawberries, oh boy, what a feast!

I gather this is a rather long post, LOL, so I'll keep the rest for tomorrow and skip to your freebie.
It's a very small one, but it's the result of a challenge we had, take a picture you made, extract a part and make some elements with it. So I took a poppy picture and made these. perhaps it will give a nice touch to one of your layouts.
All left to say is: till tomorrow and have a great day!
Download     HERE

3 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I am loving your wonderful photos. Your town is such a pretty place, and your photos are so appreciated. The one with the "new kind of duck" in the pond was just too cute!!!

I visited your friend Minky's blog. It's such a happy place, and her cards are so pretty.

I'm leaving work soon and heading home for a busy day. You have a fantastic day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Snowy said...

Lol- love that dog in the water, really a strange duck ! Nice to see you had a good weekend and a great walk. Pics are great , I always like to see photos of the areas my friends live in. Hugs Snowy

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
What a lovely walk I had with you this morning.Such a gorgeous journey.:)Thanks soooo much for sharing it with me!

Thanks also for your lonnnngggg comment on my blog.LOL

Huge hugs,
Valinda