Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oh my, how clean my house is getting!!!! LOL

Goodmorning everybody!

I am happy to say I had a kind of procutive day yesterday, and not speaking of designing on the computer! No, I had to do some things in the house, as we always are stuck with, boring but necessary, unless you want to live in a messy  stable! So after posting yesterday and some computer time, which has been extended cause I had a long msn talk with Snowy(when we start, time goes by in a flash) I finally started. First some dusting, and I arrived at the closet/cupboard where we have our tv and such, but also a part with glass door and there are standing all kind of nice things. Opened it and thought"whee, the glass shelves aren't looking so good, should give them a proper cleaning". It ended up that I took all the stuff out, brought most of it to the kitchen and washed them up, re-arranged the things in there a bit, and it's looking all shiny and brights again. And it feels good. Then I gave the house a good sweep with the vacuum cleaner. In the mean time Jan did start with the big closet I told you about yesterday! And how amazing, I didn't have one question about things in there! How lovely, LOL.
He isn;t finished with it, oh no, and you wouldn't be surprised if you saw it and the content!!! And now I wonder what to do with lots of things. Jan came into the room, and with a desparate sigh said to me: "I don't know where it all came from, but why do we have sooooooo much stuff???? You have at least around 25 cooking books, an large amount of books about gardening, folders with plant stuff , I found all kind of language courses, like Italian, Russian, i think also French, a lot of different dictionnaries, and I just started!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!"
And he is right, I know. I brought a lot of things over from my mother's house, and gathered a lot of things myself too the past 20 years, and you collect and buy and receive and put it away and have difficulty to give or throw them away after a time, even when you don;t actually use them. The everlasting struggle of mankind, hahaha.
We'll see what will be the result of the re- arranging by Jan, may be I get strong and sort out a lot, it would make a lot of room. And over the last year we already did get rid of a lot of things. I can be very attached to things, emotionally, almost every thing I take in my hands has a memory to it, but part of life is also to let things go, and to remember that the memory always stays. Only seeing the things, makes it easier to remember a specific thing. But there definately must come a time to say goodbye to things, giving it a good thought, there isn't a need to keep it all, and the mind knows, but the heart isn't always so willing to let go. LOL.

Ha, the weather seems to become better, hoorray! So I will go out for a moment, to do some shopping, don;t need too much, but is a nice excuse to be outside, grin! And I intend to finally start with another kit. The last week or so, I had a bit of trouble with finding the real drive for it. I know, nothing to be concerned of, it just happens now and then. Not to worry though, I had and still have a bit of reserves, hahaha, and found you a small kit, just a few papers and elements, in a nice colour. At least, I think it's nice colour, haha.
I named it: "For the Good Times" Hopefully you can use it for something.
Have a fantastic day!

Download    HERE

2 comments:

Snowy said...

Lol- ha ha , what you two are doing is catching - I started in my kitchen yesterday and took out all the cups, glasses and plates , cleaned the cupboard ! No holding you up this morning ,lol - so have a productive day !
Hugs Snowy

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
I came by to see you yesterday and right in the middle of leaving you a comment..I got called away and never got back to it...so here I am again.hehe
I know what you mean about collecting things and not wanting to get rid of them.I am bad about that too.:( Why do I need all that stuff?LOL I don't consider myself a hoarder though..but when it comes to scrapbook supplies...I am getting pretty close to it.hehe I have already filled up that cabinet Jim made for me and have stuff stacked on top to the point I can't fit anything else up there.I have been making myself stay away from the scrapbook sections of Micheal's and Hobby Lobby.:)(craft stores)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend and that the weather cooperates with your plans.:)
Thanks so much for your prayers for Jim's Dad.He goes today to see how much damage was done from his last heart attack.
Hugs,
Valinda