Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lots of pans to use today!

Goodmorning everyone!

It was ever so nice weather yesterday, so we did take a walk to the market. We returned back with a shopping cart full of stuff! And for so little money! I have potatoes, 5 kg, that was the most expensive. I find potatoes everywhere rather expensive at the moment. It was € 4,00 for that quantity.
What more? A colliflower, buch of green beans, bunch of Brussels sprouts, 3 cucumbers, a few apples, some bananas, onions, fresh parsley,a big box with grained black peper(much cheaper than in the supermarket).
So today I have to prepare the vegetables for the freezer, give it just a quick cooking, they still have to stay a bit raw, and put it in bags. And whenever I need some I just take a bag out of the freezer and cook them completely.
We could have taken more, but there is only a limited space in the freezer and some of the things you cannot put into the freezer, like mushrooms or tomatoes etc.
It really saves you a lot of money in this way and you have good stuff!
I only cut the parsley already yesterday and it's in two boxes in the freezer. So handy!

I promised yesterday to show you some more of the stuff I made for Minky. She posted it also, so they are downloadable on the special blog.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

That's about all for today. I will take another coffee, and then first will pop into the kitchen to do the vegetables, and may be I can turn on the washine machine too, and then see if I am in the mood for some more house work LOL .
I have the second part of Halloween Fever for you. Enjoy!
Have a great day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Download     HERE

4 comments:

Snowy said...

Good morning
Lovely pages for Minky! You have been busy,lol.
I'm taking it easy today, feeling just a little bit rough,but was a good night out, hahahahah.....
Hugs Snowy

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. Audrey is sitting here with me reading how you do your vegetables. I guess we all do that. Audrey loves to cook too.

Your pages for Minky's site are beautiful. Actually, her whole site is lovely.

I'm off now to make some coffee. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the second part of your halloween kit

MouserMo said...

Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list