Monday, June 06, 2011

Birthday of my "adopted" daughter!

Goodmorning everybody!

Yes, my friend Heidiis having her birthday today. She's now ONY 38 years young. Funny hey, she's having 20 years yojnger than I have. That's why I call her my "adoptive" daughter, she could have been a daughter of mine if we look at our age.
I went into town Saturday and found her a little present, all to do with gardening, LOL. I didn't spend too much time in town, because it was really WARM! We'll visit Heidi in the afternoon.
Yesterday there was much less sunshine, temperature still not bad, but it even rained a bit over night. Suddenly I kind of lost Jan, heard some noise in the garden and there he was, cleaning up the terrace, he took the standard away where are standing among other things his tomatoe plants, swept it clean, cleared out another corner of the terrace near the kitchen, threw away some pots and other stuff that had no use anymore, re arranged the stand with all the pots with tomatoes, herbs and flowers, and it all looks fresh and nice again. He even re potted a few plants, yes, he is definately more busy with gardening these days and I love to see it.
And oh, what a happy day, we discovered some flower buds in the tomatoe plants, mening, that probably in some weeks we will have our first tomatoes. And also the beans are producing flowers, so that's doing well too!

I have a tiny little pond in the garden(I like to have a one or two sizes bigger one), I regularly clean the water in it(still have to buy a few plants for it to keep the oxygen in and the water cleaner), but it already has proven its use. We saw two little frogs enjoying themselves in it, wheeee!

Oh, I love to show you one of the cards Minky made and is offering free on her blog. This lady is a star in making those cards and also some books for children that she is offering for just a small price on the Starchildren project blog.
Take a look at this card, isn;t it just lovely?
Today I have the last part of the Flower Children for you  plus an extra download with some bows and frames in it, that you can use with the kit if you choose to.
Have to get slowly a bit busy around here, I think I'll have to do a laundry and then we also have to go to Heidi, so I fear not too much will be done today. Oh well, there are things to do, but they can wait for another day, LOL!
Have a real good start of the week, stay healthy, and keep smiling!
Download      part 7   HERE

Download Flower Children Elements    HERE

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning, Kyra. The frames are a lovely touch to go with the flower pages. Your garden pond sounds wonderful. I love little ponds by flowers, especially with a frog family.

We are starting to see little yellow flowers on our tomato plants too. I haven't been outside to check on the garden in a couple of days, but I think today will be a good day to do that.

Have fun with Heidi and your birthday visit. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI!!! Hope your day is FANTASTIC!!:)
Kyra..it sounds like you are keeping pretty busy lately.I agree with you..the work around the house can wait.LOL It did for me yesterday.I spent bigger part of the day with Jim and Christy.We went to the Renaissance Festival here is Georgia.Whew!!It was HOT!!!We had a great time though!!:) I plan to tell about it on my blog later.
Thanks so much for sharing more of the Flower Children and I LOVE the frames etc too.:)

Have a wonderful day visiting with your adopted daughter!!:)

Hugs,
Valinda