Monday, October 31, 2011

Did my good deed this weekend!

Goodmorning everybody!

Gosh, just come from my friend Edna's blog and they have real winter already! Brrrrr, a bit too early to my liking. I must say we still have rather nice weather here, temps are still around 57 or 59 F at daytime, not too much wind which is always nice, so no right to complain about it!

So to sniff a bit of this fresh but pleasant air, Saturday I went out to buy the newspaper. I mostly do that in a little bookshop(which also has a postoffice) and had to wait for a moment at the counter, cause a lady was first. The women behind the counter just was trying to explain to the customer, a nice looking lady around in her 30's I guessed, how to use the card for public transport, like busses or trams. But the "selling"lady had some trouble with her Engilish, so I jumped in as I saw the customer didn;t grasp much of it. The card she bought, couldn;t be charged with an amount in this shop, but next door at the supermarket. Well, after a moment, I understood that English wasn't the native language of the customer , so I offered her to go with her to show how the charger worked. Oh, she accepeted it happily.  After I had done my little business we went together to the supermarket.
After a moment, I saw she had trouble understanding to the full I was telling her, so I asked her if she spoke perhaps another language( I was hoping for French or German), but here came the answer:
"Letvian, Polish ????". Oh dear God, trouble for me. But I tried the last possibility and asked her:
Do you speak perhaps Russian?" (that in Russian). A smile came onto her face and she answered that she did. Then in my best of Russian(that I speak very poor these days) I could explain the working of the charger to her, and all went well. She even was so nice to say to me, that I spoke Russian very well. And as we parted, I even received a hug from her.
I too felt very happy, that I was able to help somebody. I would be feeling happy and relieved too, if I had help with something being in a country of which I don;t speak the language. And isn;t this in small, what the world should look like?

Sunday we made it into a very quiet day, LOL! Jan had his newspaper to read, and then I have time to do a bit of stuff at the computer( but first I watched a Miss Marple detective at tv) Later in the afternoon I prepared some stewing-pears, I bought the other day. Yummie, they are great as desert, just like that or combined with e.g. some yoghurt, custard or whatever. I am busy making a serie of quickpages again, a bit different though from the way I make them usually(well, at least I think they are different, ROFL) but also made a tiny kit for Minky's blog, that I will offer here too. Take a look at her blog by the way, she has a lot of great news and even posted a few freebies too. Today is Halloween, so time for us to look at the sky when the moon rises and to see if we can spot some of us during their broomride, hahaahhaaaa!!!!!
Hope that who ever is doing something with Halloween will have a spooktaculair time!

I am off now, leaving you with "Halloween Eve", and hoping for some great pics and layouts of your Halloween celebration. Though we don;t do anything for Halloween I love to watch all the creations and creativity people show(both in scrapping or around the house, some make complete displays of it, whooooo).
Have a fantastic day!
Download    HERE

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. Gosh, love that spooky bottle!! (in your kit) There is still no power where I work, but ours is working just fine, thank you. I loved your story of helping the lady. I agree, it makes you feel really good when you are able to help someone. That woman wil always remember how you helped her, and she will help someone else. And it keeps going round and round. Keep an eye out for me and Tootsie later tonight. Happy Halloween!! Hugs, Edna B.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Oct. 31, 2011. Thanks again.