Friday, January 06, 2012

3 Kings around for a visit

Goodmorning everybody!

Yes, today I have to put the statues of the 3 Kings in the manger. And tomorrow will be the great "cleaning day"LOL. I thought, that may today I will already clear a part of the Christmas decorations into their boxes again, so that we don;t have to do it all tomorrow. I am not making any fuss for dinner today, we always take that easy on Friday. May be I will make some thin pancakes, could put in a bit of apple and then with sugar or melasse it will be good enough for today.

WOW, there are a few tricky situations in Holland now because of the storm and rain. At some places the water in rivers and lakes etc. reached a level that it floods over the edges, in some little towns they have to work with sand sacks, to keep the water away. It's a bit difficult to regulate the water level at the moment, because of the wind direction. As e.g. in the north of Holland the water is pomped into the Waddenzee(part of the North Sea, but at the moment it can;t be done, because the wind comes from sea, very hard, driving the waves high up to the coast, so no possibility to let the overcapacity flood into the sea. It hasn;t been this way for a long time, not that it is very critical yet, and it's expected that today and tomorrow there will be less rain and less wind, so may be in the next couple of days they can regulate the water level to a more "normal"one.
I saw some fragments of the coast on tv and I sure liked to go to the sea to watch the force of nature and the wild sea, but it's better I stay home ROFL. With force 8 or 9 of wind and in the open air, I wouldn;t be able to walk, no progress when going against the wind and when walking with the wind in the back, Kyra would probably be flying around, grin grin.
So here we have suddenly too much rain in short time and in Australia there are bush fires again. Then you see that man can control a lot, but fighting against nature's forces always is very difficult.


May be some of you know the tv series "LIFE"? It's an awesome documentary about all life on earth, flora and fauna, how it survives, and how one almost cannot be alive without the other. Yesterday there was another part that I watched, mostly about plants and trees, how they grow, in what circumstances and what tricks nature has to assure there will be a next generation. The pictures are awsome, I just love to see that kind of documentaries.

During the night, it must look very cosy in our bedroom, LOL! Not only Jan and I are sleeping in the bed, also our two cats are lying on the bed on a warm fleece blanket, hahahaha. They do go out for a little walk in the garden to respond to "nature's call", but with the kind of weather we are having at the moment, they do like to be comfy and warm and safe near us. Well, I don;t mind it too much as long as they stay at the footend.
Okay, I should get busy in a short while, if I want to do all I have in mind, so I leave you in peace, with a little kit in wintery style " Crispy Dawn".
Oh, I hope my shoutbox is working okay now? As far as I can see, it does, and I used Firefox as well as Internet Explorer, to take a look at the shoutbox. Reloaded the html-code again, so hopefully it's working now for everybody.
Have a great weekend, see you again on Monday, although I will be one year older, snif snif!!
Download    HERE

4 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning, Kyra. Sorry to hear about all the rain. Nature can be quite devastating, and we can be quite helpless to fight it.

I love those types of documentaries too. We have a program called Nova that is similar to that, plus the science channel.

Your shout box is working just fine now. Good job! Now I have to get back to work. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
Sounds like things are exciting there with the rain and flooding etc. I agree..Kyra should stay indoors while the wind is raging..unless you have several bricks to put in your pockets and lead in your shoes.LOL
I did see that documentary..Life..it IS really COOL!! Gorgeous scenery too.:)
I LOVE your kit!! Thank you so much for sharing it with me.:)

Gotta run..plans with Jim today.:)

Hugs,
Valinda

Unknown said...

Thank you for the lovely kit. We had very cold weather for a couple of days but now it is OK A little snow. My nephew is getting married tomorrow so I hope it doesn't rain!

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this pretty download.
I hope you have a great Birthday and that you and Jan have a fantastic 2012...