Friday, April 20, 2012

Rain is catching up!

Goodmorning everybody!

After the really nice weeks we had, now the weather changed it's mind. Temps aren;t too great, and from time to time we have rain showers. I suppose it's a good thing for nature, but too much isn;t a good thing either. We still are lucky to have some sunny periods in between, but not good enough to actually take a seat in the garden for a moment.
Hmmm, I suppose we have to pay our debt to Mother Nature, for the good weeks we already had so early.
However, whenever it's a sunnier moment, we go checking in the garden and you almost can see our seedlings grow when you're looking at them.
Jut about a week ago Jan planted some sunflower seeds in little pots and had to repot them yesterday to give them more space. Well, they have to sprint to grow to their final height, around 2 mtr!!!
I do hope some of them will get to blossom, they should be red.
Nothing much to share with you about the last two days.
We are folloing on tv some debats in parliament about several subjects, although it's not a good thing for your health LOL.
And government parties, of which our president of parliament is one, are busy with meetings, to reach an agreement about necessary cuts on the budget.  They are doing that already for weeks and that isn;t a good thing. Well, at start they were for long hours together to "bargain"about their plans, but the last two weeks, they just gather for around two hours in the morning then another day some in the morning and a few in the evening, very confusing. And I have the idea that in the mean time our country, which is in need of government, is left a bit alone. There is a recession going on, and yes, there has to be cut down on government budgets, but who will pay for that?
Everybody will do that, but as in general, the lower and middle class will notice it the most. There must be going something wrong, if there is no equal share or of the benefits and burdens among all.
No, I won't do a speech on my soapbox LOL. It will only get me into a bad mood and I don;t want that at the start of the weekend(well, almost).
I do have some uplifting things for you. Fist there are some wonderful QP's to download from Linda's blog. She used some of my kits and also made a lovely layout with one of them. Really worth the visit!
I'll show you just one of them okay?
And of course Arlene has made more fantastic things for you! I already received some clusters from her from the last kit, but that will be for next week, today I have her clusters made with the "Once we were little girls"kit.
DOWNLOAD      HERE


And I asked you to have a pair of sunglasses at hand for today's kit, didn;t I?? LOL!
Well, it isn;t that bad, but in all this kit is of much brighter and stronger color then usual. I suddenly had the urge to use some real strong color and came up with "Ectasy of Color". There is even a stacked paper for you in it. Hope you will like it, I did love making this one.
Have a fantastic weekend!
Download     HERE










8 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Apr. 20, 2012. Thanks again.

Edna B said...

I love the colors in your new kit. The bright colors are so much fun. Sorry to hear about all the rain and cool temps you're getting, but that's what we're getting too. Seems like the seasons are turning inside out. Here's hoping the warm temps will be back soon. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Tracey said...

Thank you so much Arlene for the beautiful clusters. Thank you too Kyra for the beautiful kit. I wish you both a beautiful Blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all your beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kyra, everyone, around the world, is experiencing budget cuts. I am sure you heard about the EU economies, so tragic. It is all quiet preplexing as to why. I recall, many countires were involved in that hedge fund scandle with the housing market and lost millions of dollars. I think Canada had to pay some 300 million to it which was much less then other countries. I recall reading an article a while ago that stated, thou I don't know if its true because the papers here never tell the whole truth, that due to the Iraqi war where there were no bombs found the USA went in a took over even thou they knew there were no bombs there (nuclear ones), and since the USA had no cause to invade the county that they had to pay Iraq to rebuild what they destroyed. And of course their allies, poor fools, followed along. Many countires hate the USA because of it. Truly, Afganistan should have been left alone too but it was not and there too lies more money for countries to rebuild what they destroyed. It's a sad state of affairs. In Canada the government have imported immigrants that are taking over jobs and it, like in France, is causing racial hatreds because companies hire them knowing they will work for a pittance and they fire those who make higher wages.
I can hardly read or watch any type of news anymore as it's all negative with no good stuff to report. I go directly to the weather station now then to the music station and listen to music much of the time.
I got an message from my friend, Emma, in France telling me their new Disney land had opened and that Holland had donated a special tulip to fill the gardens there. They renamed the tulip to Disneyland tulip. I forget the original name of it. It's orange and has double petals. I thought that was a sweet thing for Holland to do.
Did you see the mouse yet or did kitty get it again?
Yesterday the clouds came but little to no rain fell. They say its suppose to rain here this weekend. This morning I thought it would but just before mid day the sun came out and has stayed to give us overly warm weather. It is really hot here and its only April. I think the summer will be dreadful. I already have a slight tan, in April. LOL
Tyler is coming in the door now for his dinner so I will bid you and Jan and your loved ones :) and blessed weekend. Thank you and Arlene for todays lovely gifts. I am so glad I had the chance to write to you today.
Huggins
Pat Mossgate

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for all of the lovely items you provided for free today. You are so talented and prolific with your creations. I greatly admire your skill, and I am grateful to you for sharing your creativity so generously. Thank you!
Donna

JazzyJane said...

I just discovered your blogsite today and have been downloading many of your beautiful, artistic kits. Thanks so much for making these available.

Anonymous said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely download...
Linda