Monday, October 22, 2012

Solution leak may be near!

Goodmorning everybody!

Right on to the thing that is occupying us the most lately, the leak!
I finally maganed to get hold of our neighbour 1st floor and also from the 2nd floor.
Yesterday afternoon Jan went to 2nd floo neighbour with the 1st floor one. They took a good look at the gutter and pipe on top of the roof and after some talking it is probably a small repair, that will be done by 2nd floor neighbour. Then Jan can fix the bad part of the pipe between our house and 1st floor neighbour, probably this nieghbour will give a hand too. We only have to wait for a coupe of days without rain, so it has time to dry up and then repair can be done. At the same time that Jan will change a part of the pipe near to us, he also will make some minor, but important repair to the wall, fill up some cracks and hopefully then all the misery will be finished.
Then our wall in the kitchen can dry up too, then I will first give it a good wash with a strong bleech solution, and then give it a new coat of paint.
So cross fingers that this all will be reality soon (first that it will stay dry for a day or two LOL)and that we don;t have to look up to the ceiling/window and part of the wall, where it was soooo watery lately! Yeah!!!!!!!!
Glad that neighbour 1st floor is handy enough(probably) to do it himself, that saves us a lot of money(all three of us) nothavning to hire a plummer for it. Now we will only have to share the costs for a bit of material, which isn;t really expensive.

It was a good thing Jan had a day off on Saturday, after again a double shift on Friday.
He really needed that and it was nice to be together in the evening. Then yesterday morning he had a shift to do, butthat wasn;t a very tiring one and he was home rather early.
Today is his usual free day, so he can gather some new energy for this week. Till now, he hasn;t much shifts scheduled, so I hope there will be coming a few more today and tomorrow.

They said on the weather forecast, that in the weekend and even a couple of days at the start of this week, weather would be rather nice with some higher temperatures, but I didn;t see too much of it. There wasn;t as much sun as told, although the temperatures wasn;t too bad, but not as good as predicted either. Perhaps we have more luck today. I do hope so cause I have to go our for some groceries stuff, and may be another trip to make to the bank(but may be Jan will be a good soul and will do that, grin...).

I don;t have a clou yet what to make for dinner today, but there are some new recipees I want to try out, so may be I pick one of them. If so, and it turns out to be good, I will write it down next time, okay?

The weekend I was rather creative, ROFL, and finished a second Christmaskit (!), and also a "general kit", and almost finished a 3rd Christmaskit too! Whoopee, I am happy about that. I always like to have several Christmaskits and preferably in different colorplattes, and I think I am on the right track.

Just read on teletekst that perhaps end of next week, the new coalition for government will be ready with their negociations and then come out with their new program. Hmmmm, as I wrote last week, some measurements already are known and they don;t bring a big smile to the face, and I suppose that it will not become any better when we will now of all their plans for the next years.
One thing is for sure, in general life will get more expensive(they give some tax reduces e.g. but take it away with the other hand and the taking seems always to be more than the reductions), people will have less money to spend, so it's about time Jan and I should win a nice prize in a lotery or something ROFL. But with our luck in such things, that probably won't happen. Oh well, let's hope that we stay healthy, because that is a great gift, and then all the other things will be dealt with in one way or another.

Enough chit chat done, time for another freebie, maybe that can brighten your day a tiny little wee bit. Today the kit is "Moments without Time"of course with lovely matching clusters from Arlene.
Oh, I saw that the shoutbox is doing weird again, appearing and disappearing, I get nuts about those things. Okay, will take a look at shoutbox, if it's not better soon, I may have to change to another one. Sigh, hate that kind of thing, why is it so difficult to let things as they were if they worked well? Yeah, progress has to be made, I know, but it's not always a greater good LOL!
Have a wonderful day, despite of my moaning !

Download    HERE

Download    HERE




8 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

So glad they think they found your leak problems....hope you get it fixed soon...can be so frustrating and you certainly don't need any mold setting in! good luck with it staying dry long enough to fix! We are experiencing summer weather again, it was 90F here yesterday and so very humid...ugh! Thanks for the beautiful kit and Arlene's clusters too! Will go play with them now, have a terrific week ahead! Hugs, Mat

Edna B said...

So glad that your leak will soon be fixed. It's great when neighbors can work together. You've come up with another very lovely kit, and Arlene's clusters are wonderful.

Now I'm off to play with Pogo for a bit and then we'll have our nap. You have a fabulous day. Hugs, Edna B.

Lola Swisher said...

I don't think my other comment took, so I am writing it again. You always do such lovely work. Thank you for sharing it with everyone.
I was wondering if it would be okay to use your kits and Arlene's clusters to make recipe pages to sell?

lola Swisher said...

Hi..I forgot to give you my email address earlier in my comment about the recipe pages. I am not even sure I will do them but I would like permission from you in case I do.
lswisher@yahoo.com

HappyScreens said...

Thanks for the lovelies and good luck with the building repairs.

Anonymous said...

We all cross fingers for your water problem !
Thank you, and thanks to Arlene for this lovely kit. I just love the paper with wood, and this teddy bear is really cute!
Have a nice day,
Florence

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
So happy you have finally found the source of your leak!! Just knowing what the problem is has to be a relief for you.:)It's really nice when you can fix it without hiring a plumber. Just his visit alone will cost a bundle...and that before he even tries to fix anything.:)
Hope you have a wonderful day my friend!!

Hugs,
Valinda

Anonymous said...

Hello and Thank you for these downloads...
Linda