Friday, August 02, 2013

Today will be one of the hottest days!

Goodmorning everybody!

Wednesday was another busy day, cleaning, painting, cleaning again, oh my, lots have been done.
Then yesterday we took it for granted LOL!
It was also very warm, so not a good time to be very busy.
I just went shopping to the "cheaper"supermarket, got me several things I needed, so I was happy.
I didn;t stay all too lng there, took the tram home again, and then didn;t do anything special anymore.
I made us a "light"dinner, and later in the evening we had a bowl of icecream, Pistache-flavour! Yummie.

I got a very nice surprise in my mail yesterday, from Florence. she stated"Kyra gives so much and receives not too much, so it is time to make her something nice"Isn;t that a sweet thought??
I don;t agree with her, I like what I do and I am happy with the sweet comments and mails I receive, knowing that also people who cannot afford to buy kits, will have a possibility to make their memories.
Here the little card I received(the flower she used in it is one of her garden)

Today we will not move all too much, because it will be hotter than yesterday, probably the hottest day till now, they expect temperature of ca. 90 F here at the coast(which almost never happens) to 96F in other parts of the country!
Tomorrow temperatures will drop again but will stay around 75 F, which is good for me!

Do you want to have a recipee, which is quick, good for a saturday evening or so?
I will make it tomorrow and it looks great and am sure it will taste great too!

ingredients (for 4 persons)

     Sauerkraut 200 gram
     2 tsp caraway seeds
     1 can of hot dogs (8 pieces)
     8 slices bacon
     2 tbsp oil
     4 white rolls
     2 tbsp mustard

prepare

     1. Place the sauerkraut in a pan with 100ml water and caraway seeds and bring to a boil. Let cook over low heat 10 min. Drain in a colander.
    2. Meanwhile wrap the sausages with the bacon. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages until golden brown in 4 min. Turn regularly.
    3. Cut the rolls in half lengthwise and spread the bottom halves with mustard. Divide the sauerkraut on top. Lay on this two sausages.
         Place the tops of the buns and serve it.


So what I will do today??? Probably stay inside a lot, where it is a bit cooler than in the garden LOL.
But I may take a bit of sun too, good for the vitamines. And we still have our bi parasol, so we will be allright. Big motto today "DON ' T MOVE TOO MUCH IF NOT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY".
May be I just can manage to get a load of laundry done, it doesn;t take a lot of energy, just have to hang it out to dry, oh well, I think I can manage that, just!!!

I hope you will like the kit of today. It is named 'Birdie Sweet", It gives a bit of summer feeling, isn;t it? And there are some marvellous clusters from Arlene to it too!
Have a magnificent weekend with lots of relax time and great fun!
Download    HERE

Download   HERE


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kyra!
Wow! thank you so much, you and Arlene, for all the gorgeous papers, beautiful elements and clusters you share. This dark pink is my favourite colour, so I'm really lucky today!
As I told you, when I see all the great layouts you made for Miss Edna, and all the kits you offer, I thought it was normal to send you a little present.
I will always be thankful to get freebies, even if I don't let a message everytime.
A very BIG thank you, and I wish you a wonderful weekend !
Hugs,
Florence

Susanne said...

Thank you so much for this lovely kit. I love the colours and as always your beautiful papers. Wishing you and your Jan a SLOW Weekend :-)

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these great downloads.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend with nice temperatures...

Edna B said...

Ooooh what a lovely kit, and the clusters are just beautiful. It's good that you are taking it easy in the hot temperatures. I remember when I was very young, taking the train and the bus everywhere. I haven't done it for so very long now, but I did enjoy it.

I'm at work and trying to decide what to make for the Mrs' lunch. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is a lovely kit and Arlene's are lovely too! I so appreciate all you both so generously share. And yes it is very nice for those of us on a fixed income to be able to use your beautiful work. I know you enjoy it or you would not offer us something three times a week, however, it is very nice to be told that you are appreciated.
Make sure you do relax in the oppressive heat, that is exactly what I am doing...we are under heat advisory until Monday or Tuesday. Our heat index will be between 105-110F through the weekend. So, will be spent either in front of the TV or my computer! LOL!
Have a good weekend too! Chat with you again on Monday! Many hugs! Mat

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such a lovely kit.

HappyScreens said...

You and Arlene have made my day again - thank you!