Monday, November 04, 2013

Very wet weather at the moment

Goodmorning everybody!

Oh, it's not nice to wake up in the morning and all is still dark.! And then i the evening it's getting dark real quick too! That part of the year I don;t like too much.
Yesterday and today too, it will rain a lot, there were even some whirlwinds in the middle of the country, one caused some serious damage, no personal thank God.
I saw some great hotos on tv-weather channel people made of those whirlwinds.

I wasn;t all too active this weekend, apart from Friday, when I did some smaller errands in the house and ome minor shopping. Jan did a it more, he started to dismantel the real big closet in the passage to the extension, it has to be done because it is hanging overtoo much.
But in the extension it's now like a bttlefield LOL!
Jan took out and off all things of the upper part of the closet, and dismanteled all the smaller doors.
Now the hard part will follow. How to get that upper part lifted up and placed somewhere????
It's too heavy for us two, so we will have to call somebody for help.
Well, we;'ll see when that happens, May be it gives me a chance to go through all the stuff of that closet( real big slocet, long about 3 mtrs and high about 2,5!!!!)
Perhaps I will manage to get rid of some.
Then we will have to decide where we will put that closet, perhaps we can devide it(lucky it's composed of several parts), but that probably means replacing some other stuff in that passage or probably in the extension room.
To be honest, I am NOT amused with it, but it has to be done.

I could spent a bit more time at the computer, and yes, I made a kit, but spent also time on hopping over internet, to get some inspiration and downloading some elements I can use later.
And then time is going sooo fast, before you know it, an hour is gone!

Yesterday it was a bit more kitchen time, preparing for dinner, and preparing some veggies for the freezer. And with cleaning and chopping ingredients, partly cooking already and cleaning up the kitchen, washing up all I used, time is going fast too.
But it was worth the time, we had a tasty dinner:
two smaller parts of chickenbreast filet, seasoned with chicken herbs, then I chopped up two smaller tomatoes, an onion, toe of garlic and a handfull of green olives( take as easy the black ones if you have), fried that in a pan, and put it aside. Best is to take off the skin of the tomatoes and remove the juicy parts with the seeds.Then fried the filet quickly in a pan, just so long that the outside is colored a bit. In a baking dish put the filets in, cover with the tomatoe and onion stuff, then put it int he oven at about 200 C , for ca. half an hour.
I had potatoes also in the oven, so the big chunks had a crispy cover, and as veggie I had string beans.
Desert was stewed pears/

I must keep an eye on tthe clock, because I have to phone the doctor for a repeat prescription for Jan's painkillers. Doctor has a time for that for an hour in the mornings.
I am glad that Jan sometimes doesn;t need to take them, and if he does, he first needed up to 4 a day, now he can do with sometimes one, sometimes 2 and if he isn;t doing any straining stuff, sometimes can do without. Still I think he should visit the doctor again, to see if he can take another painkiller. Probably he will have that back trouble for much longer, or will keep that for ever.
Yes, older age sometimes comes with some trouble, we will have to accept that.

Today I have a kit for you that shows a bit of my roots LOL. It's named My Russian Soul!
Arlene made a wonderful page border and two lovely clusters. Hope you can use it for some layouts.
Have a wonderful day!
Download    HERE

Download    HERE



4 comments:

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads. I wish you good luck with moving the cupboard and I hope you can find somewhere to put it...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning! We are expecting rain too this evening and tomorrow! We need all we can get. The wind is picking up and it seems pretty chilly, but really it is in the 60's and is perfect without the wind!
Finally got all but one box out of my house that belong to work....I have started rearranging my home office, will take a bit as some of the things I moved caused my back to start spasming so I quit and took a full day off yesterday, did nothing but watch TV and read! It surely helped some along with a couple of hot showers and some mild muscle relaxers. Today, I will only do some dusting and sorting of papers, etc...nothing strenuous!
This is a lovely interesting kit and the gifts from Arlene are pretty as usual too! Thanks so much for all you 2 share! I really do enjoy all of them!
Have a terrific week ahead, chat more later! hugs, Mat

Edna B said...

Wow, ladies! Another beautiful kit and page elements. Overhauling a large closet is a big job, and takes quite a while to finish, but you'll be so pleased when it is all done. I have a couple of rooms that are like a bit closet. They are next on my list to empty out. At least, I'm going to give it a try. Somehow I find it difficult to throw things away. Oh well, some of it really has to go. lol.

I'm hoping that the rain and winds go away soon and that the rest of Autumn will be nice. I'm a dreamer and I just don't like the cold. You have a fabulous day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this kit! I love the papers and the Russian elements are so great! I love the matryoshka the most, but the balalaika and samovar are really great too :) Thank you again for sharing!