Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Need more space in my garden!!!

Good morning everybody!

Although temperatures have dropped, we have rather nice weather. After the rain in the weekend, sun is peeping through the clouds for longer periods. And as we are rathered sheltered in our garden, temps go up quickly and with not much wind it is just lovely there in the sun.
So Jan and I did some gardening again yesterday. Lots of our seedlings are growing too big for their pots and had to be planted in the garden. Jan grew a lot of sunflower, from all sorts, from 40 cms to the highest of about 2,50 mtr!!!
We'll have to see if all will come to full bloom, but.... we found places for them in the garden.
Then more seedlings of our specious, like Malva, had to be planted out too. We even had to dig up a few plants and place them elsewhere, to create some space for all the new. And slowly are garden becomes rather crowded, if all come to full growth and bloom. So we could do with a bigger garden, but I am glad we haven't. This one is giving us already more than enough work( it always needs attention to keep it a bit nice).
Every now and then we are encountering little froggies again, I suppose they are the children of the first ones we had. They have a couple of places where they can hide under some little stones, and almost every day we have lodgers in the tiny pond.

As you can see, I even found time to make me another bloglayout. And I finished a kit and even started with another one. It's not going in a flash yet, but slowly I am getting into new desiging mood.

I started a new knitting project, not really sure what the end result will become, but I am hping to make it a blanket or afghan. I threw myself onto a lace stitch, a little bit trickly, cause you have to keep a good count of the rows, but I have a piece of paper and a pencil next to me, just must not forget to put there a little stripe every time I finish a row LOL.
Lace stitches look to be difficult when you first read the instructions, but after some rows, it's much easier than it seemed to be. Must say I am not into the most difficult pattern, mine has only 10 rows to repeat, but there are some beautiful ones that have 30 or even 40 rows to complete one pattern!

What to do today? not all too much, have to do some grocerie shopping, and I hope to make some apple compote from the apples Jan brought home from the market. It isn't hard to do and even rather quick. But it has to be done and I hope to have enough to fill two pots with it for now.
It tastes sooo much better when you make it yourself!

Today I have the quickpage and clusters from Arlene, made with the Still Missing you Mama kit.
Gorgeous quickpage.
Going to work a bit on the new kit, and then have to get active!
Have a spledid day!
Download    HERE

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely download.
Your new background is very nice too...

Edna B said...

You are so lucky to have the froggies in your garden. I don't think I've ever seen one in my yard.

Kyra, you have so much patience to do the trickier patterns. When I was younger, I did not mind them, but now I rather like the easier patterns. I am working on one lacy pattern for the scarf I am making, but that is plenty of the tricky stuff for me.

I finished the blue afghan last night, and am ready for a yarn shopping spree. Of course, I do have another afghan already started. This one is a light raspberry color.

Today is Senior Citizen discount day at the yarn shop so I just know I will have me some fun. lol.

Now I'm off to post my blog. You have a fabulous day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good afternoon Kyra:)
I finally made it back again. Life sure has a way of keeping us busy.:)
I LOVE your afghan!!!! It turned out so pretty with the pattern you chose!:) Thanks for sharing a photo of it with us!
I haven't done much knitting. Never could get the hang of it really.:( I have crocheted several afghans and doilies etc though. I really enjoyed it when my eyes would let me concentrate on the small chains etc for the doilies. It was like putting a small puzzle together.:)
I bet your garden is looking awesome!:)It sounds so peaceful,walking around enjoying the looks and smells and seeing tiny frogs jumping,and the sun shining so nicely.:)
Thank you and Arlene for sharing your lovely kits and cluster frames etc. They are much appreciated!

Hugs,
Valinda

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning Kyra, been really busy helping a friend out that had some surgery....just little things since on crutches and can't carry anything and my MzKitty was so sick yesterday with throwing up every time I turned around I had to wash something...thank goodness, she is her old self again this morning. It bothers so much when my fur babies are sick, cause they can't tell you what is wrong.
Thanks so much for the lovely kit and thank Arlene too. I adore you new blog layout too, very, very pretty and spring like, glad you are so enjoying your gardening especially now that Jan is into it too...LOL! Your afghan is gorgeous, love the detail of it. Very productive lady, that is one trait I do not have, I do not like to knit or crochet, wish I did.
Have a fantastic rest of the week and weekend ahead. Chat more with you later. Hugs, Mat