Monday, June 02, 2014

" We" started well at the WC hockey.

Goodmorning everybody!

We certainly spent a great weekend. The weather is improving every day, so we could sit for a while in the sun(even had to put up the parasol).
Saturday I just had to buy us the weekend newspaper, but as there was a little fair taking place too I enjoyed the nice weather and walked and looked for a while. And I stayed a very good girl and almost didn;t buy a thing LOL! I only couldn;t resist buying two little plants for the garden.
Then there was the start of the World Championship Field hockey of course.
Well, both our teams started rather well and won their match.
But there is still a long way to go!


This month there is alos the World Championship Soccer in Brasil. But I am not sure at all that our team will go far in it, or they will have to change quickly their way of playing. We saw a couple of "practise matches", and I must admit they weren;t very impressive!
Now there is a lot of talking on the news and sports programmes that there is a lot wrong with the World Championship soccer for 2022, that will be held in Qatar! Very much talk about that the assignment of it has been "bought"by Qatar, so we are talking about corruption.
I am not at all surprised by it, bacuse the World Soccer organisation FIFA, has been "under fire"already many times.
And we honest: to have a soccer main event in a country where there is a temperature of about 45 degrees C ( ca, 113 F!!)  and where there is no soccer culture isn;t a good thing at all.
Could even be very bad for the players, even harmfull for the health. I wonder if there will be a thourough investigation (we are talking here about millions of bribery money) and if proven the case, the Fifa willassign the event to another country.
Here some artivcles about the case, and I really low the statements of Mr Blatter, Fifa president, him stating that he regretted the nomination of Qatar, and that it was a mistake, but that we make a lot of mistakes!!!!), the guy has nerves!!
( I am very curious to know, if there is anybody in the sports world who likes Mr. Blatter???)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/sunday-times-report-reveals-how-qatar-allegedly-bribed-fifa-officials-with-millions-to-secure-2022-world-cup/story-fnkjl6g2-1226939311562

http://www.dw.de/british-newspaper-the-sunday-times-alleges-corruption-in-qatari-world-cup-bid/a-17675014

So that was the "buuning"news of the weekend, LOL.

So all weekend was filled with sport and garden time. How wonderful is that?
Oh, and Saturday night there was a "detective night"on tv. we took some of them on dvd, but also watched some which resulted in going to bed far too late! 

I've made you a photo of the new plants. First is a  brilliant orange Ornithogalum dubium
Commonly called star of Bethlehem, orange star flower, snake flower or chincherinchee,
Then a cutie of a fuchsia

And our anemones are flowering now too, they survived rather well the hard wind last week,
It\s still a bit coll outside, but it will warm up later today and lost of sun is expected, with very little wind. So I will have to take care a bit of the house today(you know the drill, vacuum cleaning, remove a few dust bunnies, those kind of things), and in the evening there is a hockey match of our women team!
Better I don;t start too late with that!

Here is the second part of the kit Time Windows. Wednesday I have the great add-on by Arlene for you.
Have a lovely day, you all and thanks for visiting!
Download     part 2 HERE

P.S. still no luck with the shoutbox, I have no idea how to fix that. Will give it a try perhaps later today.




5 comments:

DawnG said...

Thanking you for the Time Windows Kit it is a very lovely kit I love the colors very classy

Edna B said...

Kyra, your new plants are beautiful. I almost bought an orange star flower plant this weekend at the flea market. But the lady said it had to be brought indoors for the cold weather. We don't have much luck with our indoor plants, and I did not want to kill the plant so I did not buy it. But it is very beautiful.

Today our weather is hot and sunny so Pogo and I went out for a walk. Now we are quite warm and back indoors. We would have stayed out longer but the mosquitos were biting!

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading. You have a fabulous day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely download.
Your flowers look really pretty, thank you for showing us...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Such lovely plants and so colorful too, thanks for sharing the photos. Thanks too for the additional part of the kit. Appreciate all you share with us. Thanks for your visit to my blog as well. Hugs, Mat

Grandma Sarge said...

I have a lovely display of flowers outside my front porch. The only place to grow anything with flowers since I have 2 dogs that race around the back yard so much that any flowers would be trampled.

Did you try going into the 'design page of your blog, removing the existing shout box and then getting a whole new one? Wow that was a lot for one sentence.

T%hanks again for all the lovely kits over the last 12 months. It's been that long since I first found your blog.