Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I am in baking mood lately.

Goodmorning everybody!

We both love to watch a program "heel Holland bakt" on Sunday evening(it is like in Englad Great Britains bake-off) and it is getting exciting, because next Sunday there is the final.
But it sure gives you some ideas to bake something yourself. I am not great in that, never did much with it, but okay, I gave it a try.
Monday afternoon I made a "Messy apple crumble"and as was my first, i think it wasn;t bad at all.
We had two portions out of it with our evening coffee.
It was easy to make, but I liked it.

Yesterday we stayed in whole day, because the weather was terrible. Lots and lots of rain, together with very hard wind, almost storm, in the evening there even was some thunder and lightning. so definately nno weather to be outside.
I took advantage of it and prepared the veggies we bought at the market for the freezer(red cabbage and Brussel sprouts).
Today the weather looks much better, although there still is too much wind to my liking, but okay, there is some blue sky to see. So today I will go out again, to do a some grocerie shopping.
And may be this afternoon I will bake some more, I have some ready made puff pastry sheets in the freezer, and some pears, so I can make a few pear turn overs. Easy to make but yummie.

With those plans in mind, I think I need to get moving now, and if some time is left,  can perhaps add some more elements to a new kit I am making.
Terrible, how quick the hours in a day are used up, and dinner has to be made.
Wishing you all a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I saw on the Weather Channel about the wicked weather that was in your area. Hopefully it will pass soon.

Your baking sounds yummy. Have you ever tried these new "dump cakes"? I haven't, but they are supposed to be very easy to make and very tasty.

We have a lot of rain coming for today, but Pogo has an appointment at the beauty parlor so we must go out. Hopefully, the heavy rains will wait until we are back home.

Now I'm off to make us some breakfast. You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello my friend...it has been yet another busy week with not enough hours in the day to get things ready in the "rental property". I am doing a small amount of "upgrading" (faucets and the kitchen sink), so am almost ready for the city to inspect for a Certificate of Occupancy and then I can put my "For Rent" sign out and start interviewing tenants....joy, joy, joy! But I do feel good about all being finished.
Glad you are having a little more nice weather (except for the rainy day...send it back to us...lol) and that Jan is doing much better...just takes time!
Well, off to visit a couple more places I have been neglecting. Have a great one! Many hugs sent to you and thanks ever so much for your visits!! MWAH....Mat

Linda said...

Afternoon Kyra, I love to cook...hate to bake LOL Just ask anyone about my chocolate chip "hockey puck" cookies !! I see Edna mentioned dump cakes, I just made a pumpkin one..it turned out oh so good, like a pumpkin pie with the crust on the top!! LOL
Hoppe your weather gets nicer for a bit, ours here is rainy and cool. Guess winter is coming huh?? Take care, you and Jan both. Love the new kit by the way.