Wednesday, December 31, 2014

So quick came the last day of the year.

Goodmorning everybody!

Just one more day and then we will enter already into a new one. I say it every year, but it's unbelievable how quickly the year went by again.
Yesterday I first went out to do some shopping, just for a few things and came back home quickly.
Then I prepared all the ingredients for the traditional sweets and I was busy with them part of the afternoon. All went well and the result was fine. So now we have to plates on our table with the sweets and I already tasted one yesterday( had to check if they were good), and yeah they taste really good.

Today I think I will pop out for a moment to deliver some bills at the bank, and then I will make us a soup for dinner.
I must say it is rather quiet still with the fireworks in the nieghbourhood, but around midnight it will be much noisier of course. We always like to stay home on this evening, to keep an eye on our cat. Normally he is rather quiet during the firing of the fireworks, but sometimes there is such a hard BANG, that he startles and looks a bit frightened. Then it is good we are there, he feels safer that way.

Already soon we will have to transform our room again to "normal", meaning taking off the Christmas decorations. But we will wait till the day after the 6th of Janauary, because that is the holiday of the 3 kings, and their arrival at the manger. So we still have about one week to enjoy the cosy lights and all, but then it will be nice to have the the decorations removed again.

Hopefully we will see some great shows on tv this evening, if there aren;t any good ones, we still have some things recorded on dvd, so we will have a nice evening either way.
At midnoght we will be looking out of our window, to see some of the fireworks and then I am sure I will be happy to go to sleep again LOL.

Today I have a smaller freebie for you, containing two lovely clusters made by Florence, she used several kits of mine and I think she did awonderful job. Hope you can use them in a project.
Take care and be carefull if you light some fireworks. Happy New Year's Eve!

Download    HERE 

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely clusters.
I agree, this year has gone by very quickly.
I'd like to say again a very big Thank You to you Kyra and also to Arlene and Florence for all the lovely free items you have done this year.
I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year and fantastic 2015...

Edna B said...

I want to wish you and Jan a very Happy New Year. I hope this new year brings you much joy and happiness.

Pogo and I will stay in and try to stay awake to watch the fireworks on TV. He's not crazy about the really loud bangs either, so he will cuddle on my lap while we watch the show.

Eddie came by and leveled the birdies' heated water dish, and we filled it with water. Hopefully, the little birds will enjoy it.

Now I'm off to make some lunch for my little guy. You have a wonderful evening. Happy New Year my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year may it be a good one for you both and a big thank you for all the lovely things you share.
Tricia