Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Let there be light in the garden!

Goodmorning everybody!

Perhaps a puzzling title of the blogpost, but let me explain.
Sunday we had a rather nice day, and even with sunshine so good day to do something in the garden.
I had noticed for a longer time that the ivy at the back of the garden was growing too fast, yes, ivy can be rather invasive.
So I took my pruning scissor and started cutting. Oh my, lots of branches came done, and then I came across one bigger and thicker one and I thought it would be good to get rid of that one.
Okay, I took out my little treesaw( good enough for thicker branches, very handy thing) and started sawing. After some pulling and such the thing broke loose and gosh, it made a BIG difference!
I got so enthusiastic, that I tried it on another spot again, and also there I got much more space.
It really makes a difference at the back, you can see though now and it gives a lot more light there, which is a good thing.
It took me a bit of time, to cut the big branch and all stuff into handier pieces and then bound it all together, so we can bring it one day to the sidewalk where it can be picked up.
I was very pleased with myself that day LOL.

Still the weather is kind of holding back the last few days and ti will be of about the same the next few days. Like yesterday morning, when there was suddenly a lot of rain, but towards the afternoon it cleared up and became dry again and even later we had some sunshine again.
Temperatures however stay a bit low for the time of year, only around 16-17 C when it rains, when the sun comes through it might clim to 18-20 C. so a bit too low for summer time, and I think we had enough rain for now, the soil needs to dry up. Certainly in the south and south east of The Netherlands, where they had some big thunderstorms, with lots of rain and hail and that caused an enormous bunch of damage. Lots of farmers have difficulties now, because of the harvest, that is drawning and the the ones that own greenhouses have not one anymore with whole glass in it.
They have insurances, of course, but not for this kind of damage.

Yesterday Jan went to his doctor appointment at the hospital, to hear about the result of the last MRI. I think, it was good news. The blood clot that his doctor noticed earlier at the vain at the end of his liver had diminished and seems not to cause a problem anymore, so Jan doesn;t need to go to another hospital for more tests and who knows what else! His doctor was rather pleased with Jan';s condition, only one minor point she had, that it seemes that Jan is loosing a bit of blood somewhere, may be, but she cannot figure out where it might be. Nothing is showing on the MRI's and Jan is feeling good so for the momnet he has to take some steel pills for anemia. He had them a couple of years before for a while, so all seems to be okay for now.
He will have a new MRI somewhere in November and an appointment with the doctor in December.
Well, that was a big relief for me and believe me, for Jan too(although he never shows it too much).

I've made some photos in the garden again, and may be somebody can help with the name of two plants. I really have no idea of the one in the 1st and also in the 2nd photo. If there is anybody who might know, please be kind and tell me!
I just adore that little bush in the 1st photo, I grew it from a small cutling once and it needs some pruning when flowering is over and then it is respong with a bunch of little flowers again.
The 2nd photo I hope is good enough to see what flower it has, I guess it is kind of a fieldflower?
And then I have one photo of my lilies that finally came to bloom.
Perhaps next week I will have some more, there is a fuchsia that starts to bloom, and the flowers are awesome. They just need some more days,

Today I have clusters from Arlene for you, made with the Revisited Memories kit. Beautiful as ever.
Have a wonderful and happy day and rest of the week!
Dwonload    HERE


6 comments:

Edna B said...

First, let me say congratulations to Jan for his good doctor report. What a relief to know that he is okay. As for you, try not to overdo so much. That was a lot of hard physical work cutting and pulling out all those ivy vines. Just be careful. Our bodies are not as young as our minds are.

Your flowers are gorgeous. What a beautiful pink lily. I don't know what the other two plants are but I'll try to look them up. Either way, they are beautiful.

Now I'm off to post my own blog. You have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

thanks for the lovely offerings from Arlene, she does such pretty work. I have been so enthralled with the time trials of the Olympians seeking a spot for the USA team. I love watching the games and the gymnastics and swimming especially! The weather is simply too hot to be outside unless necessary (or for me anyway)...LMBO! I just don't do heat anymore!
My heart aches for all these folks that have been terrorized lately, don't understand why people just can't get along, live and let live!
I spent 2 years in Yalova, Turkey just across the isthmus from Istanbul.
I just finished mopping all my floors so am resting (actually cooling off) and thought I would drop by, off to go blog visiting some more, now that the month of June is over, I need to get busy with some scrapping!
You & Jan have a marvelous week and weekend ahead, it will be a long hot and loud weekend here! (not for me, but others) LOL!
Chat more later, hugs, Mat

Snowy said...

We have the same crappy weather here...not much of a summer yet ! I'm hoping for a better July. My poor little plants need the sun instead of being drenched in rain nearly every day.
Hugs Snowy

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you for the clusters for the revisited Memories kit.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyra,

Wondering if the 2nd photo is a Fuchsia. There are so many lovely colours in them.

Loving the photos of your garden.

Judy from Oz

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for these lovely pieces...