Sunday, June 04, 2017

Happy Sunday to all!

Goodafternoon everybody!

Just a few words about the terrible news of London. Just happened that awefulness of Manchester and now London again.Whenever will it stop?
Best we can do from a distance is to keep all victims and families in our thoughts and prayers and not give in into fear for going out.
We just cannot afford that fear will be the winner and therefore the ruthless people that commit those attacks.!

I had a pretty good week I can say. we had some good weather which always helps to feel much better. and this week my friend Heidi and I finally found a moment in her busy schedule so  could visit her in her new appartment. and it is a very pretty one with a lovely view over the city from her balcony. She is on the 10th floor so you can imagine the view.
She even has some greenery around and to look onto to. The appartment is very light and all rooms are pretty square, which is handy. She has a nice sized kitchen, not really big, but room enough in it to have a little table and chairs to have e.g. breakfast.
It is a bit further away then her former house, I think I can be there now within 25 minutes walking(to the other one just 10-2 minutes). But if I want to I can take the tram and then I just have to walk for another perhaps 4 minutes.

My garden is getting greener and more colorful by the week now.
I've made some photos of it this week.
Partly overview from the patio.

 Brodski finding some shade for a moment. Often he lies on the little table between the two chairs!

 Some lovely lillies

Our little pond and if you look well, you see one or may be two of its lodgers. I counted 5 frogs at the most.

Part of the potting table, on the left ou can see two of the tomatoeplants. I splitted them up, so I have 3 more pots!
On the right you see a strawberry, and Jan already had two strawberries of it, hahaha.

Here s species of perrenial geranium. I took last year a little cutting of it, with luckily some roots on it. And i am happy it found its place and blooms now. Still yet small, but never mind, it will grow.

I also did some designing. Slowly some inspiration is coming back. But with the nice weather, well,  like to sit in the garden if it is not too hot.
And when it is really nice, till even in the evening, like last Friday, I did sit a while there just before 19.00 o'clock, just to catch the last ray of sunlight and waiting for Jan to come home,  suddenly had about 8 parakeets on the rosebow near my chair. So I sat there very quiet and watched them eating their peanuts and parts of apple I hang out for them. I had such a good time!

Forecast says that in the middle of the week temperatures will suddenly drop again to around 17 C(big difference with last week, when we had days of 28C and today even 21 C), but there is good hope that by the end of the week temps will go up again to around 22C.
I hate that rolling coasting weather, wish it could stay steady for some months at nice temps, but that is only wishfull thinking. Oh well, let's be happy with what we had already and every day with sunshine and some rain at night and temps of 22-25C. That already is very good for our region!
Time to finish this post. I want to change the bedsheets and then I probably will keep it quiet for the rest of the day. May be a quick hoovering and that will be all  already was a busy bee on Friday, I even did the windows outside at the fron of the house. Pfffff, that is something LOL!
Oh, did i mention I have another tiny little garden started??
At our street we have every few meters a tree standing, and around it there is a round with only soil;sand with sometimes weeds growing there.
I thought we could make it look nicer, so I planted a few cutlings  still had there, I have there now a Nasturtium, some mint, another plants I don;t know the name of, and a groundcover plant. It is nothing at the moment, but I will try to make it look nicer and with more bloom and then see how long it will stay there. If I have result, it will certainly look nice under the tree. And perhaps some people will do the same at the tree standing in front of their house, who knows?? LOL.

Good, I think you should have the clusters of Arlene  from the There's a little smile kit.
Wishing you a terrible good week,  stay safe and healthy!
Download   HERE





4 comments:

Edna B said...

Kyra, your garden is sooo beautiful! You have such a gift for making the yard look so nice. I love the idea of planting around the tree out front. Wouldn't it be nice if your neighbors did the same.

We are having more wet, gray days. There's even a nice breeze, keeping the leaves and the flag moving about. We should get more sunshine in a couple days. Goodness, I hope so.

Well, now I'm off to find some fun mischief to keep me busy. You have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Scarette said...

What lovely pictures! That walkway is SO inviting. Thank you fro another delightful Freebie.

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you Arlene, the clusters are lovely.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for this lovely download. Arlene, you are certainly very talented with making lovely items from Kyra's kits.
Kyra, your garden and flowers are lovely to see...